Fort Collins Felony and Misdemeanor Attorney
Effective Criminal Defense Strategies
There are certain characteristics that distinguish good criminal defense lawyers from the rest. To obtain a positive outcome in your case, your attorney must truly care about you. This requires listening and understanding your unique goals and interests. Once these are in place, then your attorney is in the best position to negotiate on your behalf with the District Attorney. If an agreement cannot be reached, then you want an attorney that has trial savvy to represent you in the courtroom.
As a former prosecutor and respected trial lawyer focused on criminal defense and personal injury, I’ve worked toward making sure my client’s rights are respected. Our Colorado law firm, Liggett, Johnson, and Goodman, PC, is a Fort Collins area law firm that is able to handle your complex criminal defense in serious charges such as vehicular homicide or another major felony offenses.
Prior to selecting an attorney, it’s important to make sure they are capable of handling the nuances of your case. Gathering and thoroughly evaluating the evidence in your case is pertinent. When dealing with multiple witnesses, trials can become lengthy and complicated. The use of expert witnesses and an investigator can truly impact the outcome of your case. Make sure your attorney has the experience and resources to effectively represent you in your criminal case.
Comprehensive Defense Services
I provide a comprehensive criminal defense to clients working for dismissals, favorable dispositions, and if necessary acquittals at trial on charges such as:
- Drug offenses — which can be especially serious for a college student because a conviction may result in termination of student loans.
- DUI/DWI offenses — I can challenge DUI offenses in court and have effectively defended repeat offenders.
- Theft — petty thefts of small value items still carry significant consequences.
- Vehicular assault/homicide — which is usually the result of intoxicated or reckless driving.
- Sexual assault or other sex offenses — all of which can have very serious, long-term consequences in Colorado.
- Assaults of Domestic violence — help with restraining orders and protection orders.
- Probation Revocations
For more information or to discuss your criminal defense needs, contact me today at my Fort Collins, Colorado, law office. Call 970-829-1221 now to schedule your free consultation with a Fort Collins criminal lawyer.